May 25, 2020
We have some exciting news to share! We will begin reopening our lobbies for transactions, new account openings, loan inquires and other everyday banking on June 1, 2020. However, we will be taking extra safety precautions to keep our customers and our employees safe.
The following branch lobbies will reopen on June 1, 2020:
- Lancaster (East Main Street)
- Chillicothe (Main Street)
- Canal Winchester
- Wilkesville (closed on Wednesdays)
The remainder of our branch lobbies will reopen for business on June 15, 2020.
Business as usual will look a little different when we reopen. Please read carefully so you know what to expect should you visit the branches after they reopen. Remember, the safety and the health of our customers and employees is always our first priority.
- Masks: Our employees will be required to wear masks in areas where they are not able to maintain a 6 foot social distance or where a barrier is not installed between customer and employee. We strongly encourage all of our customers to wear masks when visiting our lobbies, for the safety and health of our employees and for other customers. Should you be unable to wear a mask due to a valid medical concern, please allow us to handle your transaction in a manner which keeps both you and the employee safe while maintaining distance. It may also be difficult for us to identify you properly while wearing a mask. Because of this, we ask that you please bring your identification with you when visiting a branch.
- Limited Occupancy: Each branch will have their maximum occupancy posted on the door. Please read all signs posted on the doors before entering. We will do our best to have an employee at each door, directing traffic flow and assisting customers. Should the lobby be at maximum capacity, we may ask that you wait outside or in your car until a customer exits the building. We thank you for your patience when this occurs.
- Maintaining a Social Distance: Each lobby will have proper 6 foot social distance stickers marking the floor. We ask that you maintain that distance when standing in line to see a teller at their window. In addition, we have installed plexiglass barriers and have some movable plexiglass shields in offices where maintaining social distancing may be of concern.
- At-Risk Individuals: Those individuals that are the most at-risk may visit each branch lobby between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. During that time, only the at-risk population will be able to enter the branch lobby. The branches will open to the general population at 9:00 a.m.
- Cleaning and Sanitation: The branch employees will conduct regular sanitation and cleaning throughout the business day. This will include wiping counter tops, door handles, pens and other high traffic areas. Our cleaning companies will conduct a deep cleaning and sanitation routine each night, ensuring that the branch is up to CDC cleanliness standards. We do ask that every customer sanitize their hands on the way in and on the way out of the branch lobby. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the branch.
- Lobby Restrictions and Signs: Please be sure to review all signs posted on the doors before entering the branch lobby. Additionally, if you are feeling ill or have any symptoms of COVID-19 we ask that you do not enter the branch for the safety of others. You will notice that our branches will look different, with the furniture arranged to maintain a 6 foot social distance. We will not be providing beverages, food, lollipops, dog treats, etc. during this time to maintain a healthy standard.
- Drive Thru, Technology and Appointments: While the branch lobbies are reopening, we still encourage our customers to conduct their banking business in the drive thru when possible or via “curbside service.” Additionally, the VCNB Mobile app and our Online Banking are available to conduct everyday business. Our network of over 32,000 surcharge-free ATMs through MoneyPass® will allow you to get cash when you need it. Our bankers and lenders will be available to customers by appointment as well.
We want to thank each and every customer who has been patient with us while we have made changes and have adapted to a new normal. We always strive to do the right thing for our customers, employees, shareholders and communities. We appreciate you! We miss our customers and hope to see you all soon . . . from 6 feet away of course!
April 15, 2020
These are challenging times for Americans. We want you to know that we will be here for you no matter what the future holds. As a community bank we are able to quickly change and adapt to the needs of our customers. Here’s what that means for you:
- Lobbies are available by appointment only and transactions are handled through the drive-thru, except in Jackson where they are practicing social distancing in the absence of a drive-thru.
- Some branches have made adjustments to their business hours. https://vcnbfamily.me/2020/04/09/select-vcnb-branches-adjust-hours/
- Customers are encouraged to take advantage of tools that allow them to bank and communicate with us from home. https://vcnbfamily.me/2020/04/08/banking-without-coming-in/
- We are actively cleaning ATMs which are a touchless means to access cash and make deposits. https://vcnbfamily.me/2020/04/13/make-deposits-at-the-atm/
- We are offering relief options for personal and business customers. If you are experiencing financial difficulty related to COVID-19, don’t hesitate to ask for help. Call our Customer Service Team at 1.800.542.5004. They will be happy to connect you with the right person to help you.
As community bankers, we love people and are committed to being here for you – not just when times are easy - but all the time. All of the above actions are designed to continue serving you safely while doing our part to flatten the curve in our state.
As always, thank you for your patience and for allowing us to be your community bank through this challenging time. Follow us on Facebook and subscribe to our blog to keep up to date with all the ways we are here for you and proud to be your community bank. www.vcnbfamily.me
April 13, 2020
Some of our branches are temporarily adjusting their hours to maintain safe environments for our employees. While we regret inconveniences caused to our customers, these changes are necessary. Please check our locations pages to see if your local branch has been effected.
Please remember that most of our branch lobbies are offering services through the drive-thru only at this time. We encourage customers to use contactless means of doing business such as Online and Mobile Banking. Deposits can be made via Express Drop and at most VCNB branch ATMs which we are disinfecting regularly. Our Customer Service team is ready for your calls at 1.800.542.5004 and our branch staff will be happy to serve you via the phone and drive-thru. If you require services that cannot be completed outside the branch lobby, please call your local branch to discuss your options.
April 3, 2020
At VCNB, it is in our Mission Statement that we always do the right thing for our employees and our customers. With that in mind, we would like to disclose that we have had an employee test positive for COVID-19. This employee works in our Hocking Hills Banking Center branch in Logan. The employee has been in isolation in their home since before their positive COVID-19 test. Out of caution for our employees and our customers, we will be CLOSING the Hocking Hills Banking Center branch as of April 4, 2020. Only the ATM will remain open to customers. We are bringing in a professional cleaning company to perform the highest level of sanitation on the entire branch. All employees from the branch have been sent home to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days. The branch will reopen on Tuesday April 7th, after thorough sanitation protocols from the CDC have been followed and barring any unforeseen circumstances. We will bring in an a new VCNB staff from another branch when the branch reopens to limited lobby access and drive thru while our current staff self-quarantines. Should you need to conduct banking business during this time, we encourage you to use our mobile and online platforms, to use the ATM, call our customer service team at 800.542.5004 or visit another branch drive-thru by finding a location closest to you. Thank you for your patience. The health and safety of our employees and customers is our #1 priority during this time.
March 30, 2020
The VCNB goal every day is to provide our customers with the services you need and deserve while keeping our employees and all of you as safe as possible.
At this time, our lobbies are currently closed, but our drive-thrus are still open. In order to minimize face to face contact, we are encouraging our customers to use our online banking, mobile banking and local branch ATMs and drive thrus. We realize that may not always be possible, so we are allowing customers into our lobbies by appointment only in order to limit the face-to-face exposure for both our customers and employees. Should you need to make an appointment, please contact your local branch or call 800.542.5004. We appreciate our customers patience with us during this time.
We are taking steps to keep the drive-thru tubes and ATM keypads clean but we still encourage you to keep hand sanitizer in your car as a precaution.
We have been proactive in practicing social distancing and in encouraging employees to keep work areas, common employee areas, and public spaces as clean as possible. Many of our employees must report to the office but there are a lot who can telecommute and we are actively deploying technology necessary for them to do so. Meanwhile, we have also eliminated travel among branches and are encouraging conference calls or web meetings instead.
Many customers are experiencing financial hardship and uncertainty related to COVID-19. With that in mind, we do have some relief options available to personal and commercial customers. Do not hesitate to ask if you need help. Call our Customer Service Team at 1.800.542.5004 and they will direct you to the banker who can best help your individual situation.
Your bankers are still here for you. Call us or chat with us from our website.
March 20, 2020
Part of being a community bank is being a good neighbor and steward of the communities where we do business. That’s why we have taken steps to protect our employees, customers and neighbors against the spread of COVID-19.
On Thursday, we made the very difficult decision to close lobbies and to direct all customers to our drive-thru. Our customers who require in-lobby assistance can complete their business simply by calling to discuss options or to make an appointment. Call your local branch or our Customer Service Team at 1.800.542.5004.
Much of your business can be completed online or with VCNB Mobile. You can access accounts, transfer funds, open accounts, and apply for a loan online. You can even deposit a check using the mobile app and skip the post office using Online Bill Pay.
Our Customer Service Team is waiting for your calls at 1.800.542.5004 and prepared to chat online which is available from the homepage of our website.
We often say that we have seen it all in our 153 year history. However, none of us can recall a time that we’ve limited lobby access to customers at our branches for a pandemic. Despite the uncertainty you may be feeling, we can assure you that your money is safe in the bank and that we’ll be here for you whenever you need us.
We understand that many of our customers will face financial uncertainty due to the events surrounding this pandemic. VCNB will offer some relief options and will be happy to discuss with you all your individual needs and concerns. If you are experiencing hardship caused by COVID-19, please call our Customer Service Team at 800.542.5004. They can direct you to the right person to discuss relief options available regarding your particular situation.
Online Banking - Many of our customers already choose to bank online with us every day. With Online Banking, you can open accounts, apply for loans, transfer funds, pay bills, and do much more. If you haven’t used it before, click this link to view a tutorial and to register for Online Banking today. https://www.vcnbfamily.com/banking-online.html
VCNB Mobile – Carry the bank with you in your pocket! Download this mobile app from the app store on your mobile device. Here you can pay bills, transfer funds, check balances, open an account and even deposit a check using your camera’s device.
Mobile Deposit – Customers who use VCNB Mobile can deposit a check from anywhere in the world by using the camera on their mobile device. Want instructions? Click here! It’s a free service! https://vcnbfamily.me/2016/12/22/mobile-deposit-is-now-free/
Telebanc - Our telephone service is also available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply call 1-800-317-5990 and you'll have access to all of your accounts at your fingertips. https://www.vcnbfamily.com/banking-other.html
By Appointment – We have closed lobby doors to slow spread of the virus. However, you can still access in-lobby services if you require them. Simply call your local branch or our Customer Service Team at 1.800.542.5004 to discuss your options. You will still receive the same great service you have come to expect from your neighborhood VCNB branch. We just have to be smart about how we serve you until this threat has passed.
Sadly, times of crisis and hardship often bring out the worst in people. Be aware of potential scams. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is and always question the motives of someone trying to gain access to your home or who is asking for money.
We know these are uncertain times but please know we are still open and here for you. Our core values guide us as we attempt to always do the right thing, to honor the relationships we have with our customers, and to be forward thinking in how we offer you the best service possible.
We will continue to monitor the advice given by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, the Ohio Department of Health as well as the CDC. Please continue to look here for the latest news on our bank and how we are working to serve you through the challenges to come.
March 19, 2020
In order to protect against the spread of Covid-19 and for the health of our employees and loyal customers, effective March 20, 2020, our branches will be available by Drive Thru Only. If a customer requires in-branch assistance to do their banking, we ask that you contact the branch directly or contact our customer service team at 800.542.5004 so they can discuss with you how our team can best serve your needs. For our Jackson Branch customers, we will be practicing social distancing by allowing one person in the lobby at a time due to the fact that no drive thru is available.
We realize this may come at an inconvenience for some, but want to assure you that there are many ways to conduct your daily banking business in addition to the drive thru. Our branch ATMs will be available to do deposits and withdrawals. In addition, you can withdrawal money surcharge-free from any Moneypass® ATM Nationwide. To find an ATM near you, visit moneypass.com. We encourage you to download the VCNB Mobile App to conduct transfers, pay bills, deposit checks and more. Our customer service team will be on stand-by to assist you via phone at 800.542.5004 or via online chat through VCNBFamily.com. Through our website you can also open accounts and apply for loans.
We are guided by our mission to do the right thing for our customers and our employees. We are closely monitoring the situation and the recommendations by the Ohio Governor and the CDC. We will update you as soon as anything changes. Thank you for your cooperation.
March 12, 2020
At VCNB, our customers are like family. Like you, we’ve been following the news and focusing on ways to keep our employees and customers healthy and safe. We are encouraging our employees to monitor their own health and to practice good hygiene to prevent the spread of germs. We are also taking steps to clean our common areas and restrooms more frequently to keep the bank as safe as possible for everyone.
Our customers are always welcome in our branches. However, we do want to remind customers that many banking activities can be handled online or with VCNB Mobile. You can access accounts, transfer funds, open accounts and apply for a loan online. You can even deposit a check using the mobile app and skip the post office using Online Bill Pay.
Our Customer Service Team is ready for your calls at 1.800.542.5004 and prepared to chat online from our homepage.
Here at VCNB we are guided by our values to serve our communities, to build relationships with our customers and to be forward thinking in how we provide our customers with the best service possible. We will continue to monitor the advice given by the Ohio Governor and Department of Health as well as the CDC. Visit the CDC website for the latest news and recommendations.
Thank you for being a loyal customer,